14 Oct 2009

Mindblocked.

Oh my goodness golly.
FYP's still a chore, like ever ;
and there's still a long way to go.


The only thing I'm starting to remember in my head is,

Sample preparation by addition of acid to destabilise surfactants, forming two layers; one known to be the aqueous layer, & the other being the organic layer. -- Then adding dropwise of sodium hydrogen carbonate, adjusting & measuring pH, noticing the observations such as the presence of precipitate, colour & clarity of solution.

Solvent extraction with the help of hexane, doing don'tknowhowmany washes to remove most, if not all, of the surfactants from the soap so that it can be suitable for spotting in the case thin-layer chromatography.

And we actually have to combine these two methods, to establish a new procedure for detecting colourants from the handsoaps we're testing, with the help of thin-layer chromatography & high performance liquid chromatography.

Another is, we've already used up 4 boxes of pH paper ;
until Florence nagged at us for taking 2 boxes from her.

Wow, and I'm seeing that, my project's not even getting halfway yet. Sigh.


P/s Did I put on that much weight anyway ?
Dr Cheng was just telling me that I look fatter now. =X
& Nick's still saying I'm fat as well.

终于,我拿着勇气,跟你说我对你的感觉。
我真的希望说得没有太迟。

We've said our pieces, & it's up to us to fill up the rest. (:

No comments: