22 Aug 2009

Love, the best deception ?

I almost didn't sleep the night through, sleeping at dawn, and waking up in the morning. 4hours of sleep. -- Didn't do much for me, since it was supposed to be "off-school" today.

And so, I've just taken a long nap, and woke up at 10.50pm, not too long ago -- But it actually feels good, like you've just got up from your daily sleep.

However, this statement can't help but stay at the back of my head,
Women are the more easily deceived ones, compared to men.

Do you agree with this statement ?


Hm well, how this thing actually started goes like this:

Honey called me just this afternoon, and confided in me how stressed she was over two main matters. One being, what if she got pregnant after making out with her boyfriend; two being, his money needs to pay off school fees, rent, daily expenses and so on.

But of course, I'm worrying more of the former, compared to the latter; though she has forthrightly refused me of I giving a loan to her, nonetheless, I've roughly got the hint that she needs it anyway.

Just thinking about it, would you actually loan a sum of money (to the hundreds of dollars!) to your boyfriend whom you've not known for long, despite the love binding both of you together looks strong and stable?

To be frank, and am sorry, but I wouldn't lend that amount of money to this kind of men, even though if he were to be my boyfriend. Unless I've known him well enough, or for long enough, if not, no to money loans.

I've lost enough trust in people for money reasons, and will not elaborate on it.

Anyway, you might be thinking, what's the link with my emphasis anyway, so the story continues like this. ---

Approximately after some time, let's say about an hour; or basically just after I've put down the call on her, and dropping by campus to submit all the outstanding formal report & data sheets of Laboratory Management --

My dad asked, "She needs money?"

I replied, "Yeah I guess so, but she refused my money anyway."

He added, "You did it right, don't lend it to her."

This continued on, with a long conversation on the way home from Singapore Poly.

He actually told me about this piece of news he'd heard from Channel News Asia the night before, and it all goes down to this subject, Nigerians making use of Singaporean women to bring drugs over for them. He also added that Africans were the best at conning women of their trust, money & chastity.

And of course, though very unfortunate,
the link is my honey's boyfriend is an African, though not Nigerian.

After which, he added on something that hit me.
Men are the ones who are most capable of deceiving the women; however, those who don't do so, are the ones who listen to their wives.

This is actually whereby he added the story of Adam & Eve at the garden of Eden in the Bible's Old Testament ; like how, Eve was the one who actually got conned by Adam to sin and eat the Apple from "That tree". However, you people there, don't underestimate me. -- I know what's he talking about.

From then, my dad actually asked me to nicely advise her, to break off with her boyfriend, as he wasn't showing good-enough signs of the relationship's stability.

But I know deep inside myself, if I've told her to break off with this guy, she'd probably cry her heart out for days and nights, and maybe, live off a couple of days not eating nor drinking much, and will probably dislike me for it.

However, what stands out the most are, what if the things she's worrying about actually happens in this harsh reality, like how,

What if she actually got pregnant after making out, and he walks out on her ?
What if she actually "lent" all her money away, and he smiles cunningly behind her back ?


Though how prejudiced it may sound, but the piece of news my dad told me, made me really think women are such gullible creatures to as such that they get easily deceived, conned, convinced, and whichever word you can substitute here.

And the ending came off with much impact ; When a woman doesn't know that she's conned of herself, and continues doing it to get herself going, is known to be the best deception.

叹气啊,女人吃好多亏哦。


I've realised that you need not learn things the hard way, when you know how to dodge away from the shattered glass that's falling onto you, when you're alert enough to smell something fishy and walk away from the pungent smell.

But this now leaves me thinking about you.

No comments: